Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Professor Falls - 280m WI4


Had a great day with my old climbing buddy Jason, it has been awhile since we climbed some ice together.  Originally I was super keen for a ski day and ideally a summit, but warm weather and spring conditions were ripe for isothermic snow, so Jason and I headed to The Professor Falls, a.k.a. Professor’s.



I think I first climbed Professor’s with Ian Hunt, Andy Meyers and Geoff (?) in December of 1995.  I am fairly sure I repeated the route in 96, 97, 98, 99 and I sure the last time I was there was in March of 2000 with Shawn Klimchuk. 


This winter I have hit a couple of routes I did with Ian back in the day BITD, Coire Dubh Integrale and Guinness Gully and last weekend, Professor’s.  Cloudy and brisk day with light snow and temps around -3 all day, solid and beautiful blue ice on Professor’s. I lead a couple of the lower pitches, JW a few of upper pitches and a bit of easy soloing in the middle.  Great day with a great friend on a great route; best ice day in a long time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment