Friday, January 14, 2022

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly - WI 5, 45m

Great day connecting with my ole bud Jason Wilcox in the North Ghost Saturday January 8. Haven’t climb together for a few years. JW and I use to climb a lot back in the day; including some first ascents on a few waterfall routes; DW40, Green Monster, Slurpee and Better Than Solstice. Jason is still young and strong (unlike me) and set up a top rope for us on GBU and we did a bunch of laps in the cold. Temperature hovered around -22 all day, and it got windy, chilly day out. 

Jason's Ghostmobile is very impressive. 
Also Jason is a well seasoned off-road driver.

Some of the easy ice/water driving we did.

JW is well prepared; after the ice driving, JW
put on some studded chains, they worked great.

At GBU. Ian and Kris joined us. 

JW led up the WI5 pitch like a walk in the park.
Strong like bull he is.

A couple of buds, including Ian Grant, and Kris, joined us at GBU for a few laps. Chris, also a very strong climber, set up a top rope on the left side, and Jason and I top roped the right side. JW did go and rescue a 4Forerunner stuck in the river nearby. Then JW and I top roped the left side, while Ian and Kris did some laps on the right side. JW and I set up a top rope on the middle mixed line, JW did a lap, but I didn't bother since it was beyond my skill and I was freezing. Great day out, fun socializing with boys, great start to climbing 2022. 

Ian and Kris on the right side line. 

WG and SH showed up and did a few laps after we took down our right side rope.

JW and I set up a top rope on the middle mixed line.
JW did a lap, but I didn't bother since it was beyond my skill.

Lots of high winds in the alpine.

No comments:

Post a Comment